21st Century Professional Development Model
June 1, 2012-May 1, 2013
Productive, effective, and personal Professional Development allows educators the flexibility to set goals, improve instruction, and raise student achievement.
The goal of this professional development model is to offer and allow professional development opportunities to school faculty that are pertinent, productive, and individualized.
- Provide a flexible professional development schedule.
- Assist educators with professional growth.
- Increase educator productivity and competence.
- Raise student achievement.
- Professional Development Model time frame: June 1, 2012-May 1, 2013
- An administrator or designated representative will be present at all in-district sessions.
- The district calendar has 2 less scheduled certified staff work days in exchange for 15 paid hours of Professional Development. This allows for flexibility to plan for individual Professional Development needs. All hours will need to be pre-approved and completed by May 1, 2013. Staff not in compliance will have a pay deduction equal to the difference between the expected 15 hours minus the number of hours appropriately earned.
- Individual Professional Development Plan (IPDP) forms will be completed by each teacher and frequently reviewed with the building principal. Development of the IPDP is ongoing and flexible. All information contained within the plan must be approved by the building level principal.
- Proposed Professional Development activities must directly relate to the district CSIP plan. BOE Policy 4410
- All Professional Development listed specifically on the PCSD PD calendar is considered approved; however, the session(s) must be reflected on the IPDP and reviewed by the building level principal.
- No credit can be given for attendance during school hours for which teachers are receiving pay. BOE Regulation 4505
- Attendance at conferences/workshops may count for professional development hours. The teacher and principal will work together to produce a detailed plan to disseminate the information gleaned from the workshop/conference.
- Model will be reviewed and revised annually by Administration
Copies of the Individual Professional Development Plan (IPDP)
and the Conference/Workshop Information Dissemination Plan
can be found under File Resources on the left.