Search Site

This search form uses an instant search feature. As you type, search results will appear automatically below the search field. When you've entered you desired search terms use tab to navigate through the available results and hit enter to open the selected page or document.
Immunizations required before start of school
Immunizations required before start of school
Kate Martin
Monday, June 22, 2020

Students entering kindergarten, Grade 8 and Grade 12 should schedule a time to receive necessary vaccinations before school starts. Updated immunization records must be provided to school before the child can attend classes, as required by state law.

Students entering Kindergarten this fall must have the DTap, polio, MMR and varicella (normally done in two combination shots) to be protected against diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis (whooping cough), polio, mumps, measles, rubella and chickenpox.

Students entering Grade 8 this fall must have the Tdap and Menactra immunizations, and have the opportunity to receive the HPV immunization. These protect against diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, infection caused by meningococcal bacteria. The HPV vaccine protects against the human papillomavirus, the most common sexually transmitted infection, which can cause cancer in some people.

Students entering Grade 12 in the fall must have the Menactra immunization and have the opportunity to get the Men B and the HPV immunizations if they have not yet done so.

Perry County Health Department will give immunizations by appointment from 8 am to 4:30 pm Monday-Thursday. The Health Department also holds immunization clinics until 6 pm on the first Monday and the third Thursday of every month. They will also be open until 6 pm on Monday, June 15 and Thursday, June 18. No appointment is needed.

District 32 students must turn in their immunization records before they can pick up schedules and begin classes. If you have any questions, contact Sandy at the High School Health Office at 547-7500, Ext. 377; or the Perry County Health Department at 573-547-6564.