Thank you to Perryville's volunteer firefighters for visiting Perryville Primary Center this week to teach students about fire prevention!
October 9-15 is National Fire Prevention Week. The National Fire Protection Association recommends families follow these steps to be prepared in case of a fire:
- Make sure your home escape plan meets the needs of all your family members.
- Smoke alarms should be installed inside every sleeping room, outside each separate sleeping area, and on every level of your home.
- Know at least two ways out of every room, if possible.
- Make sure all doors and windows open easily.
- Have an outside meeting place a safe distance from your home where everyone should meet.
- Practice your home fire drill at least twice a year with everyone in the household.