School Nurse - Emily Davis
Nurse's Office Hours: 8:30am-2:30pm
School Nurse Phone # 573-547-7500, ext. 275
School Nurse Email: email@example.com
Please go to web site for PES Nursing Office information, https://sites.google.com/a/pcsd32.com/pes-nursing-office/home
From PES's Nurse:
ILLNESS TIPS ~ YOUR CHILD IS TO STAY HOME IF THERE IS:
- FEVER: 100 degrees or greater. He/she should be free of fever for 24 hours without having taken medication to reduce the fever before coming back to school.
- VOMITING: or has diarrhea (loose, frequent stools). A physician should be contacted if the vomiting and /or diarrhea last longer than 24 yours or becomes severe. NO VOMITING OR DIARRHEA FOR 24 HOURS BEFORE RETURNING TO SCHOOL.
- STREP THROAT: or sore throat that is accompanied by a fever and enlarged nodules in the neck. A child may return to school 24 hours after beginning the antibiotic and is fever free.
- COLD/PERSISTENT COUGH: If your child is obviously ill (i.e. Very tired, continuously runny nose, or excessive coughing).
- RASH: of unknown cause or severe discomfort. The child should remain home until the cause is determined. If due to chickenpox, the child is to remain at home until all lesions are crusted/scabbed over (usually five to seven days).
- CONJUNCTIVITIS: or "pink eye", if reddening of the eye and /or the inner eyelid is noted along with watering or drainage, itching, or pain, or matting of the eyes the child should not attend school until medical attention has determined if medication needed.
If you have any questions regarding your child's attendance, please feel free to contact me.
20 Healthy 100 Calorie Snacks