PACTC students earn Career and Technical Education certificates
Perryville Area Career and Technology Center has named the top-performing students in each of its career preparatory programs for the 2020-21 school year.
The students, their program and instructors are:
· Thomas Hayden — Auto Collision Repair Technology 1, Instructor Carl Burr
· Wade Weibrecht — Auto Service Technology 1, Instructor Thomas Canter
· Garrett Lawrence — Construction Technology 1, Instructor Joel Kurre
· Anna Baker and Alayna Richardet — Digital Media Technology 1, Instructor Stanley Cook
· Kirsten Burkman — Early Childhood Professionals 1, Instructor Karla Besand
· Brianna Hoehn — Early Childhood Professionals 2, Instructor Karla Besand
· Sierra Welch and Brittany Steffens —Health Occupations, Instructor Sheila Brown
· Samuel Bachmann — Industrial & Engineering Technology 2, Instructor Carl Burr
· Dominic Buerck — Internet of Things 1, Instructor Matthew Reed
· Nya Walker — Internet of Things 2, Instructor Matthew Reed
· Garrett Brauener — Welding Tech 2, Instructor Chris Tripp
Students were selected based on grades, project-based learning activities, and essential skills which include: in-class performance, teamwork and leadership.
“We are extremely proud of all students that are enrolled at the Career Center; however, our outstanding year 1 and year 2 students rose to the top of their respective classes based on the old school philosophies of hard work, accountability, reliability, dedication, teamwork and perseverance,” said Director Craig Hayden. “As the old saying goes, ‘actions and performance speak louder and longer than mere words.’”